International Trauma Life Support empowers you with the knowledge and skill to provide optimal care in the prehospital setting. We offer a variety of training options for all levels and backgrounds of emergency personnel around the world.
ITLS courses combine classroom learning, hands-on skills stations and assessment stations that put your learning to work in simulated trauma situations. Each ITLS course includes a comprehensive manual with in-depth content written and edited by trauma care experts. ITLS provider includes eight hours of classroom instruction, eight hours of hands-on skills training and testing for ITLS Basic or Advanced certification. Innovative skills stations let you practice the abilities appropriate for your level of certification:
- Patient assessment and management
- Basic and advanced airway management
- Spinal motion restriction—rapid extrication, short back board, helmet management, log roll and long back board/scoop stretcher utilization
- Extremity immobilization and traction splint application
- Needle chest decompression and fluid resuscitation (for Advanced certification)
With its comprehensive approach to core knowledge and skills, ITLS Provider is appropriate for all levels of EMS personnel—from EMT-Bs and first responders to advanced EMTs, paramedics, trauma nurses and physicians.
ITLS Military Provider course is a custom edition of ITLS Provider, edited by military experts. The military based Scenarios are customized for the challenges faced by military personnel. The text can be used as the course manual for an ITLS Military Provider course or as a stand-alone resource.